I found these statistics to be interesting, so I pulled my favorites from a recent blog I found.
Exerpt from the 60 Second Marketer Blog.
- 30 million consumers watch television content via their mobile phones
- In June 2011, the number of U.S. wireless subscriber connections surpassed the U.S. population
- The average online American spends 2 hours a day social networking from a computer, tablet and/or mobile phone. With 18-34 year olds reporting to spend 3.8 hours a day http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/interactive/social-networking-eats-up-3-hours-per-day-for-the-average-american-user-26049/
- 47% of marketers have generated leads from Facebook, 35% from LinkedIn, 34% from Twitter
- By 2015, more U.S. users will access the Internet through mobile devices than through PCs/wireline devices
- 98% of nonprofits are on Facebook
- Twitter generates almost 10 times more money raised when incorporated into a fundraiser
- The average person is more likely to apply and be accepted by Harvard or be dealt a full house in poker than to click on a banner advertisement (Get Elastic)
- 75% of Americans bring their phones to the bathroom (11 Mark)
- 42.1% of consumers purchased a product or service after seeing or clicking an online advertisement
Jamie Turner is the CEO of the 60 Second Marketer and 60 Second Communications, a marketing communications agency that works with well-known brands and organizations. He is the co-author of “How to Make Money with Social Media” and “Go Mobile” and is a popular marketing speaker at events, trade shows and corporations around the globe.